Well, it has been a busy two months for me in this new world. I, Nate the Great, am 10 weeks old now and I can’t even remember what it was like to be in Mummy’s tummy anymore. How time flies! My days usually consist of eating, sleeping, pooping, going for walks and playing with Mummy & Daddy. However, some more exciting milestones that I have accomplished in the last 10 weeks include…
– Witnessed my first Olympics…I am now training for 2028
– Moved into my crib at 6 weeks with no trouble at all and am now making Mummy happy by going 5-6 hour stretches at night.
– Took my first step to becoming a man…moved up to #2s in diaper size
– Dad survived his first night away from me…and Mum survived Dad’s first night away as well
– Welcomed into the TUFF family (Daddy’s family Thanksgiving camping tradition – Cousin Jackson and I were the first of the fourth generation to earn our pins)
– Braved my two month shots. I just kept repeating what Daddy told me: ‘you can’t hurt steel…you can’t hurt steel…’
– Thanks to the Thanksgiving Monday afternoon game, watched my first full Leaf game (an exciting overtime shootout loss…Daddy says losses are good this year – better draft choice)
– Started my own N8 blog column at http://www.straightfromthearse.wordpress.com
– Been on my very first date with Little E Swing. I also had a date with an older woman, Aviva Khondo. Mum & Dad are waiting on the dowry offers before any decisions are made.
– Developed carpentary skills to make Emma & Stuart’s wedding gift (we were all sad to have missed it)
– Forced to become a fan of Jon & Kate Plus 8 and 90210 (original & new)
And for those taking note at home (all you mothers), I’m weighing in at a stout 12.13 lbs (8.0 lbs at birth) and my length is 24.5 inches (22 at birth)
It’s been a great two months, but I can’t wait for the next few to come as I’ll be holding my own head high and experiencing this thing called Halloween where I get all dressed up in a costume (Dad says I’m too young for all the candy, so he will have to eat it for the first few years). I’m also starting swimming lessons and going to see a McMaster Marauder game (Mummy says I have to cheer for them). And people keep talking about this Santa Claus guy – apparently he is all the rage with children.
But the best part of the past two months has been meeting all these wonderful people who hold me and smile at me (I must be pretty good looking to make them smile like that!). It’s nice to have all these friends and family members love me as much as Mummy & Daddy do.
Peace to all,